Emergency Vet Care in Monroe, MI
If your pet needs an emergency vet, we can provide urgent care during our opening hours here in Monroe. For after-hours emergencies, please contact Veterinary Emergency Center.
It is not always easy to tell when a dog or cat needs immediate medical attention, so be sure to call us at (734) 384-0812 if you have any concerns. We’ll be glad to answer your questions and help you figure out the next step in your pet’s care.
Contact Veterinary Emergency Center for After-Hours Emergencies
Veterinary Emergency Center is our go-to referral emergency vet. They offer convenient late-night and early-morning hours and are open 24 hours on weekends.
How to Tell if Your Pet is Having an Emergency
Some of the most common conditions and scenarios requiring an emergency vet visit include:
- Labored breathing/difficulty breathing
- Unable to stand or walk
- Bleeding from nose, ears, mouth, or rectum
- Uncontrolled bleeding from a wound
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea for at least 24 hours
- Signs of blood in stool, vomit, or urine
- Straining to urinate or defecate
- Not eating or drinking for at least 24 hours
- Fever (ears and nose feel hot)
- Sustained blunt force injuries from a fall or collision (these injuries are not always obvious, so contact your vet just in case)
- Encounter with a wild animal
- Ingested a toxin or toxins
- Sitting with head pressed against the wall
- In labor for 3-4 hours