Pet Surgery Veterinary Services in Monroe, MI
Our goal is to provide the highest quality care possible, and we are committed to making sure that your pet has a safe and successful surgery.
We Prioritize Your Pet’s Safety Above All Else
Before their surgery, we need to verify that your pet is healthy. This ensures minimal risk while they are under anesthesia, and therefore a safer procedure.
For the highest level of safety, we:
- We examine every pet and perform pre-surgical bloodwork on all pets
- Tailor their anesthesia, pain medication, fluids, and antibiotics to their weight and health history
- Keep pets warm during surgery to prevent hypothermia
- Monitor your pets vital signs by observing heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygenation level, blood pressure, and temperature.
- Monitor your pet while they’re in recovery
- Provide detailed recovery instructions at discharge
Tips to Make Your Pet’s Surgery Recovery Easier
Like humans, dogs and cats must be restricted from certain activities while they recover from their surgery. Recovery time may differ depending on their procedure, but here are some tips you can use to prevent an unexpected follow-up visit.
- Check your pet’s incision site for redness, hardening of the skin, discoloration, and seepage
- Keep the incision site as dry and clean as possible at all times (no baths or swimming!)
- Your pet may need to wear an e-collar, onesie, or old T-shirt to prevent them from licking their incision
- Don’t let your pet romp around with reckless abandon–they could tear their sutures